INSTRUCTIONS

(1)Click on one of the labels on the left side bar (these are the letters).
(2)Then click the comments link under that letter.
(3)You will then see all the comments which are the replies to the letters.
(4)Look at the last comment and reply to it.

Many thanks for your help and feel free to circulate around the world.


Dear Mayatour- Florida, USA

Dear Maya and Inca Tours,

Thank you for your information on the Maya & Inca Tours. Looking through gave me memories of when I did the Salkantay Trail in Peru in 2006. A fantastic but hard trek that lasted 5 days. Hard because I gave up smoking for it only a few months before and my lungs were still full of crap. Amazing to finally reach Machu Picchu at 5am covered in mist. Your Mexican Tours sound very appealing , perhaps in a few years to come when I have saved up. I have attached one of my favourite photos from the trek as a gift for you.

Thanks,
Diana

2 comments:

  1. Dear Diana,

    If this reaches you, I'm sure you'll understand that the people from Mayatour-Florida have long gone.

    I am sealed into their old office. It is too dark, and far too cold to go outside here. Completing their unanswered correspondence is the only thing keeping me from myself.

    I dearly hope that this message reaches across time to you. If your lungs have healed, there is at least a chance.

    Firstly, I need to tell you how much your photo moved me. It was a beautiful gift. Such a potent symbol of a landscape so altered. I'm sure you'll agree.

    I remember the Peruvian Mudslides like they were yesterday. They called it 20/11 back then, when it was fashionable to put political copyright on tragedies. Do you remember? 20/11 was the Second Signpost. Or was it 12/1? Either way, your photo reminded me of how it was before, before people really realised what was happening.

    It is a shame it took the plight of the Tourists and to wake them up. The Vagabonds were suffering for so long before.

    "All is still in the world of the sense, But she, herself, is always changing,"

    With hope

    Sleet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sleet,

    This is quite remarkable. I am alive, and glad to hear you are as well. Actually, I'm astounded that anyone survived over there.

    I never really stopped smoking, but I got some of those new lungs that they were distributing to volunteers for a year or two. Naive you might say, but four decades on and they're looking after me fine.

    Don't take my respiratory gear to assume that I am one of the Tourists. Perhaps I was once, but we're all Vagabonds these days aren't we? Suffice to say that you can trust me, and that I am willing you through your isolation. It is temporary, I promise.

    I remember the Mudslides of 20/11 like they were yesterday too. They ripped apart somewhere that I loved. And yes, 20/11 it was the Second Signpost. Remember the Viral Song? Those awful singing children? "Twelve one, Earthquake bomb, Twenty eleven, The seas meet the heavens, Thirteen four, The sun starts its war, Fifteen six, the countdown ticks." It is tattooed on my ear drums. It was such an ear worm.

    I hope that reminding you of it does not send you too crazy in your isolation, but you have to remember how it all started. We can't turn away from it. That is how She says we keep hope alive.

    I am so glad you have got in touch. Please, don't let go.

    "All is still in the world of the sense, But She, herself, is always changing,"

    Diana

    ReplyDelete