INSTRUCTIONS

(1)Click on one of the labels on the left side bar (these are the letters).
(2)Then click the comments link under that letter.
(3)You will then see all the comments which are the replies to the letters.
(4)Look at the last comment and reply to it.

Many thanks for your help and feel free to circulate around the world.


Dear Beltram Travel- North Carolina, USA

Dear Beltram Travel,

The first thing I noticed in your correspondence to me was the message 'response to your request from Archaeology Magazine'; I don't remember doing this but thank you for thinking of me anyway.
There's so much to do with Beltram Travel, if only time and finances would allow it. I particularly like the sound of 'Antarctic Expedition' and yes "explore the end of the world literally".
I've had a few letters from North Carolina actually. I have been to Charlotte, where I believe you are based, and my friend Penny and I ate and 'all you can eat buffet.' We were stuffed for days. Then we went home to the UK. Prior to that we were in New York.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Diana

2 comments:

  1. Of the various subjects listed a Trip to South Carolina interests me because of the aformentioned archaeological aspects, the material remnants of early tool manufacture by the indigenious Americans who were alledged to have a nomadic existence, although out of the estimated twenty-nine different peoples - nations- or tribes, you would think some of them might be less delighted with the prospect of continual upheaval, I'm not thereby putting a nomadic existence into the same category or context as tourists but I thought it an interesting analogy for South Carolina. I'm interested to see any outward signs or performed activities of the dance known as the Charleston, originating from Charles Town ?, does the Charleston get to be danced much these days? Where can we see the Charleston being performed? Do we need tickets etc?.
    I too am fascinated by the popularity of South Carolina compared to North Carolina, I wonder is this a semantic thing,the title South Carolina is so "ready branded" and easy on the identity process, perhaps there is a Charleston of the North.
    On paper everything looks great, the indigenous culture, the Spanish Conquistadores, King Charles of England -Although the invitation to explore "The End Of The World" is chilling...not in a South Antarctic way but yes, connected to climate change.
    When do you suggest is the best part of the season to visit?
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jon
    Unfortunately I have never been to South Carolina, nor have I had the opportunity to visit North Carolina so I am not the right person to advise you on the best time to visit, perhaps you could try contacting your local travel agents. If I did find myself in South Carolina I would be sure to venture North and find out if there is indeed a Charleston of the North. I hope that there is. I do have one question for you though dear Jon, that I hope you can shed some light on. Do yo think it is possible for a person to live a nomadic lifestyle without going anywhere at all? Perhaps they physically only travel on a microcosmic level but remaining unconnected to a particular place can journey in their imagination or daydream across space and time?
    Thank you for letter it is a pleasure to read them, my apologies for my late reply, maybe next time we can meet tea?
    Kindest regards as always

    Anoushka

    ReplyDelete